Almond is considered to have a curative effect on all the three excessive humors of the body i.e. wind, bile and phlegm. It gives nourishment to the mind and eyes. It is "hot" and develops semen.
- A patient suffering from tuberculosis derives immense benefits if he takes almond and has his body massaged by almond oil.
- The daily use of almond increases the mind power, memory, gives nourishment to the body and keeps away the diseases.
- Making a "kheer" of almond soaked in hot water and grinding it and removing its skin gives immense nourishment to the body.
- The burnt ashes of the skins of almond when used as tooth powder strengthens the teeth and gum and also makes the teeth white.
- A child who stammers and who can not talk clearly, if almond soaked in water is given to him after removing its skin and with butter made from cows milk, it improves his speech.
- Almond is very useful for a pregnant woman.
Note: Bitter almonds are poisonous so it should not be eaten. A person suffering from plethora too should not use almonds